Saturday, November 21, 2009

The best part of the lockin for me

was seeing this kid -- the one with the braces and the big smile enjoy time with his new friends. When we left our old church, Jacob was devastated to find out that boys he had been best friends with for years would no longer be allowed to come to our home to play. He really fell into a depression and it's been several long months since I've seen a truly happy expression on his face. I've missed seeing him happy. My heart was just breaking for him and we had many friends praying that God would send him some new friends. As always - God is faithful. He's learned that people will let you down -- but God never does. It's a lesson I wish he hadn't had to learn at such a young age, but he will end up stronger in his faith for the way things have happened. And now I can say --when all is said and done -- my happy boy is happy once again.