Friday, October 06, 2006

While You Were Out

Because I love Vicki so much and consider her the sister I never had and because she is still recovering from her surgery and is off work and bored and because her kitchen has been stacked to the gills with stuff for years we decided that I should build a kitchen pantry for her this week while her husband was out of town on business.
I hope he likes it because it is built to withstand a tornado and to remove it would be a major hassle.
Tuesday morning started out at Lowe's and by Thursday afternoon she had not one, but two pantries, with 30 inch shelves between them and 15 inch shelves built into the cubby on the side. She, her daughter, Meagan, Andi and I then got to purge her cabinets and rearrange the kitchen. So I am tired to the bone but the kitchen looks totally different with everything neatly stored away and space to spare. We even added bulletin boards on the side to clean the clutter off of the fridge.

I'll finish off this post with a picture of the most beautiful baby I've seen in a long time. She is learning to smile more every day. It's so cool to be able to see her all the time.