Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Dance

I've written before about Jacob's thoughts about Hannah. In the three years since he first laid eyes on this beautiful young lady, his mind has not ever waivered from the thought that someday she will be his wife.

I believe she is clueless to this idea, however, when she arrived this week she surely must have realized that he likes her a little bit since he has only 2 pictures by his bed - both of them of are the two of them together. If this works out, it will be one of the longest "courtships" in modern history.

As we sat in the kitchen talking Saturday night they came in to show us a dance they had been practicing. She might appear to be wearing overalls to you and me, but in his mind, I can almost see the wedding dress swirling around the ballroom floor.

Truth be told, I might have heard a swish or two myself.