Tuesday, August 15, 2006

And the Adventure Began

Mix 4 young kids, 4 car seats, 4 sippy cups and a sweltering hot August day 4 years ago and what do you get?

The beginning of a whole new world. Four years ago today Carly and Ryan joined our family. This is the first picture I have of all of the little kids together. It was
taken as we were getting ready to leave the agency with them. Jacob and Wes were certainly excited while you can tell that Carly and Ryan were probably wondering what exactly was going on.

I didn't realize it at the time how often I would be explaining how we could have all of these children so close in age.

These kids bring so much joy to our family. I can't begin to tell you how many times I hear the word Mom in a day - or how many times I hear the phrase, "I love you, mom."

They are so much fun. I can't imagine what our family would be like without these four little guys. Nor would I want to.