Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Splash Park

After the kids finished their school work Tuesday morning I took them to the movies and the new splash park. Ryan made the bad decision to NOT do his school work at home and was sad to learn that he had to do it at the park before his hot little body ever saw the water.

He just saw this picture and asked me, "does that look like a happy face?" I told him no and asked him what he thought it looked like. His reply, "a face that says I should have done my school work at home." Smart boy. Let's see what happens next time.

Everyone else had a blast at the park. Ryan did too AFTER he finished his school work.
We spent our time at the park with the caseworker who placed Wesley with us. All the kids adore her and I will always be indebted to her - not only for Wes, but also because she took Wego for me.

The mayor has said that the splash park is totally paid for with private donations. That's great. I wonder if the mayor can explain why every person I have asked had the same experience as we did when our water bills arrived this month -- an increase of about 80%.