Friday, July 21, 2006

Carrier Customer Service

A few days ago, flush with the excitement of opening my duplicate light shade that I needed from the Hunter factory I decided to track down another missing piece from our home. A few years ago a knob broke off of the window heater & air conditioner unit that we have in our dining room. Since that time we have just used a pair of pliers to change it from heat to cold. It was no big deal. Since this room used to be our back porch before it was enclosed, this unit is the type you find in motels. I just decided to contact the Carrier corporation by email:

Sent: 7/12/2006 07:08:44 PM
To: contact.carrier@carrier.com
Subject: Customer Relations Request Brand : Carrier
Division : carrier.com
Comments : I just need to order a knob if that is possible. On the back of the knob it has the number 52CO 500394 PS (in a square) REV.B. Please let me know if this is possible and how to pay you. Thank you.

Notice it was sent at 8:44 pm. At 8:35 the next morning I received the following reply:

Dear Perri ***** : Thank you for contacting Carrier. I will have the requested knobs sent to you at no charge. You can expect to receive them shortly.
Regards,
Susan Woollis
PTAC Customer Support
Phone 800-894-6449
Let me just say the Susan Woollis knows what Customer Support is all about. She must have a major in it. When I arrived home the next day there was a overnight letter waiting on my porch - with not one but two of the knobs I needed.
I checked the DHL site for the rate from their zip code to mine for the "by 12:00 pm" delivery she had chosen:
DHL Next Day 12:00 pm - $24.26
I wonder if she would have been in such a hurry to get it to me if she knew I had waited for over 3 years before I tried to order it.