Thursday, July 13, 2006

KABOOM

A few months ago someone told me about Kaboom. This woman swore that Kaboom would just make hard water spots or crust dissolve. One trip to the Dollar General Store and 4 bucks later, I was the owner of my own bottle of magic.

I decided yesterday to clean the inside of my dishwasher. The inside walls of the dishwasher and the spinning water arm was just covered with calcium build-up. I'm talking thick, gross, crustiness that you couldn't really even scrape off. I removed the racks, sprayed the inside totally with Kaboom and went about my business.

Ten minutes later I went back with my scrub brush. On my hands and knees I reached in with the scrub brush, ready to scrub away the nastiness with all my strength. With the first swipe, I nearly fell forward because my brush just slid through the mess. After I recovered, I went and got some paper towels and WIPED away the rest of the mess. I ran a rinse cycle with some vinegar in the dishwasher and it looks like the day it was installed.