Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Mother - Daughter "Talk"

You know the one I'm talking about. The ONE that all mothers have with their preteen daughter. The one where their daughter probably knows more than the mother before you even start.

Not sure what to say? Anxious about how to start this conversation? Let me give you some help. Let me share with you the wealth of knowledge I gleaned from my talk with my own mother. I remember coming home from school, and walking into my bedroom to find this envelope from Good Housekeeping on my bed.
Notice, if you wish, that it went to P.O. Box 234, just like I told you I remembered in my "Where I'm From" post. I'm tellin ya, I don't make this stuff up people - it's my life. Anyhow, there it was - the envelope containing all I needed to know about my "friend". I found it the other day when I was searching for pictures of me as a kid.

So without further ado, if you don't know the answers to intriguing questions such as

  • Must a girl expect to feel sick?
  • Does menstruation ever make a girl feel faint?
  • Can menstrual cramps be cured in a short time?
  • Is it true that some girls have severe cramps and have to go to bed?
  • Is an operation necessary to cure menstrual difficulties?(you can be sure I read this one carefully)
  • Can an acquaintance tell when a girl is menstruating?

OR if you need to know how to wear a sanitary belt comfortably, then feel free to click on the pages below to get all the answers to what girls wanna know. Go ahead -- enlighten yourself. No charge. Courtesy of Good Housekeeping and me.