Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Bedroom & a Riddle

Remember this?




Well, now it looks like this.
I think it looks much better in the bedroom than in the garage.

No idea why there is a white spot on the picture, but I'm not going to go take it again. So use your imagination and picture it without a spot.



Speaking of imagination, you will have to use it for the bed too. Because although the bed is done, the comforter I ordered looked much different in the fluorescent lights of Bed Bath and Beyond than it does in regular house lighting. So I have to find another one.



Next is one of the cornice boards I made for the windows. The goal for this room was to make it as cave - like as possible, stopping short of putting aluminum foil on the windows, so that Bill can sleep better during the day. He sleeps better, he's in a better mood. It's a win-win situation.
The last picture is of the bed skirt. Which cracks me up because it's not a bedskirt at all. I loved this pattern with the walls, but it isn't material. It is 6 yards of flannel backed tablecloth, stapled to the bed frame edge.

Just a few finishing touches - pictures, baskets and stuff like that, and it will be completed. I really am taking a break for a bit now. REALLY.

Now - here's the riddle part. This is a picture of the carpet in the bedroom. WHY does it look brown in the pictures above? Every other color in the pictures is very accurate but the carpet looks brown in the pictures.