Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Where I waste my grocery money

These are the open bags of chips I found in my cabinet this morning in my search for napkins. Didn't find napkins but let's take an inventory of the OPEN chips, shall we? Tortilla chips, Nacho Cheese Doritos (2) Grippos, Sun Chips, Honey nut Chex mix, Jalepeno chips, Lays Hickory, Honey Mustard pretzels, Mesquite BBQ, Hot and Spicy Chex Mix, Gardettos, Plain Lays (2), Fritos, Jalepeno Pringles, Salsa Pringles, Bugles and a huge thing of cheese balls.

19 -- yes, 19 OPEN BAGS OF CHIPS.

And there were 2 bags of unopened chips, a bag of Fritos, 2 bags of chex mix and another bag of Gardettos. That is truly shameful. I'm serious. I'm stopping this madness. I'm making a July 6th resolution. From this day forward there will be no more than 5 kinds of open chips/snack mix in my cabinet at any time. Feel free to come by and check for yourself. I mean it. Anyone care to share where they waste their grocery money?

And -- I will go ahead and answer the questions that inevitably comes whenever I take a picture like this.

1. Yes, that is my floor.

2. It's in my kitchen.

3. Yes, it's Pergo.

4. It's almost 9 years old.

5. Yes, it came blue.

6. No, you can't get it in blue any more.

7. Yes, I still love it after all these years.

8. Yes, it was well worth the cost.