Tuesday, June 18, 2013

In the good news/bad news department

there is my leg.  Healing nicely on the outside, but the inside, not so much.  It hurts, which is to be expected, but at times, it literally seizes up in the space of 2 steps.  I'll just be strolling along......and then I'm not.  It is at that point, I'm done walking - sometimes for just a few minutes, and sometimes for hours. I've not seen anything that seems to make a difference in how often it happens.  It is totally random, unexpected and horribly painful.  Instead of walking, I'm staring down as my leg muscles, which are hard as a rock and appear to be bulging out the side of my leg. 

A quick consult with the doctor today and he tells me that the leg muscle they cut to allow the others to expand is herniated and that is exactly what is happening.  The muscles are bulging out of the leg.  And it will be another 6 - 8 weeks before I can expect it to stop doing that and for the pain to go away "almost" totally.

This will effectively end any thought of taking Sophie and Keegan to a cave this summer, but I will get it done!