Thursday, June 20, 2013

Drowning victim

There was a man from Boonville who drowned yesterday ~~

Canoeing

On the same slow moving river I was. 


After he was rescued, he was taken down the river in a canoe.

Then, loaded into an ambulance.

And life flighted.

To the same hospital I was.

Sound familiar?

Only he died.


I know his family and can't even imagine going to the funeral home. When I first heard this news, I was just numb.  But as time went on, I began to cry and it was nearly impossible to quit. Every time I hear of someone drowning, the thoughts always come to me -- why was I rescued and they weren't?  Especially a child. Someone who has their whole life ahead of them.  That is really hard for me to hear about.

I don't know God's plans, but for whatever reasons, it was His will that I survive my accident.  And don't get me wrong, I'm certainly thankful that I did.  My heart just hurts a lot more than it used to for the families of people who don't.