Friday, April 04, 2008

Celebrating with Linda!!!!!!!!

Perhaps you will remember - but if not, let me refresh your memory. Right before Christmas, 2006, Katie, the daughter of my friend, Linda passed away weeks before she turned four. I asked for the help of my blog readers to help pay for Katie's funeral expense. You guys came through in spades and we collected hundreds of dollars to send them.

Shortly thereafter, I nominated Linda for something Oprah was giving away - but never heard anything.

In February of this year, I again nominated Linda's family for a home makeover. The winner was announced this evening............

LINDA & JIMMY along with their 12 children still living at home will be vacating it next month for the makeover team to be moving in!

Not only that - but Oprah donated $10,000 to be used to pay taxes on all the prize package that they won.

God's timing is SO AWESOME! They ended up winning from Oprah & the home makeover. You can watch a video of their interview this evening by clicking here. I meant it when I said that you experience the love of God by stepping through their door. It's obvious in everything they do. They couldn't have chosen a more deserving family.

I have truly been blessed by some awesome friends.