Monday, December 25, 2006

Asking for your help

I spoke with my friend, Linda about an hour ago. I do not have her permission to do this but given the circumstances, I feel strongly that this will be OK.

Due to the high cost of burial, Linda's family had to have Katie cremated. This was a very hard choice for them, but Linda has adopted many special needs children and money is tight. Right now there are 12 other children living in their home, Philip - 18, David- 16, Tisha - 16, Nathanael - 13, Faith- 12, Lance- 11, Ezra- 11, Zachary - 11, Tabitha - 11, Hosannah - 6, Benjamin- 18 months and Orion, who was born in November. These children have a myriad of physical and mental handicaps. Some of the kids are blind, some in wheelchairs, some paralyzed and fed by feeding tubes. We are not talking about minor handicaps. The fact that this family is willing to take and love these children is what keeps them out of hospitals and institutions.

The family also had to pay for an autopsy for Katie. There are of course, additional costs for things such as funeral home viewing time. Linda didn't feel that they could spend thousands of dollars on a burial plot and casket when so many living children need their available resources.

I've never done anything like this on my blog. Never asked for anything for myself or anyone else, other than prayer. Linda and Jimmy certainly need our prayers, but prayer alone is not going to pay for the cremation, autopsy and everything associated with having your child die unexpectedly.

So I am asking for your money. Any at all you can spare to help this family with these expenses will be appreciated more than you can know. You can send it to me via paypal at huddleston@insightbb.com and I will put it into a money order to send to them. If you know me, then you know I'm trustworthy. If you've read my blog for any length of time, you probably have that figured out, too. If you are just hitting the random blog button and ended up here, then it's probably because God sent you here for a reason. This could be the reason. If you want to just give me the money personally, let me know that - I'll be sure to follow up with you.

I feel weird doing this - but it's Christmas time. It doesn't seem right to have to be worried about how to pay for an autopsy for your child at Christmas. So if you have a healthy child - give them a kiss and help out this family. These people would NEVER ask for help such as this - they are very private people, but I truly feel like this is something we, as God's people, should take care of for them so they have one less thing to worry about.

Like I said at the beginning, I don't have Linda's permission to do this, so I'm throwing out a fleece so to speak. If God is against this, then I'm telling myself that Blogger will mess up as it is known to do so frequently and this won't publish. If you see it on my blog then we are going to assume it is approved by God. With that in mind I'm asking basically begging for your help for this family.

Please and thank you on behalf of Linda and Jimmy.