Saturday, March 29, 2008

Roller Derby Debut

Tonight Andi made her Roller Derby Debut in front of a crowd packed with about 60 of our friends. She got the biggest cheers of the evening and we all had a blast watching her skate - fall - skate - fall and always get up again for some more. Me, I would have stayed down and let everyone go around me. Well, that's not true - I wouldn't have been out there in the first place.

It was pretty obvious it was going to be an interesting evening when the hand stamp at the entrance was a skull and crossbones.
The intermission half time was a troupe of belly dancers and the crowd was as interesting to watch as the skaters.

I have no idea if Andi's team was really good or the other team was really bad, but our team won by about 50 points.

How in the world Keegan could sleep over the loud music is a mystery to me, but he did. Sophie went to hang out with Andi's dad for the evening and Keegan had plenty of people willing to snuggle with him.