Monday, February 11, 2008

Dear Jacob,

Here's the deal. There's this woman, named Emily, who is giving away an entire set of books called The Kingdom Series. Now, you may never have heard of these books, but I've been waiting for several years for you to be old enough to enjoy them. Then I was planning on buying them for you for your birthday.

As in most things free, there is a "catch." The contest rule states I have to write a letter to one of my children and since this would be your birthday gift, I chose you. Don't you feel special?

Well, you should - because you are. You are funny, smart, loving, kind, compassionate and have dozens of other endearing qualities along with one I can't stand. I've decided to write about that one.

If you don't drop this behavior, I have designed a shirt for you to wear. Had it special made just for you. Here's a picture of the front of it.

Now, unless you want to wear this shirt in public, I suggest you STOP TATTLING NOW!

Well, that was a short letter, but I hope I got my point across.

As an incentive to Emily to pick our letter as the winner, if she does, I will add the equivalent of the price of the books to our March of Dimes jar for Adam and Andrew.

Love, Mom

So Emily, no pressure here, but you could really be helping out the March of Dimes fight prematurity if you pick this letter!