Friday, January 11, 2008

They're not a winner but.........

it's my birthday so what better time to reflect? I decided to play along and enter the baby photo contest on Emily's blog.

I don't have any of the extra point getters that she listed, but I did post one in my 1976 America's Birthday long panel skirt with a totally patriotic outfit, complete with sweater and red ruffled shirt. Not to mention my be-bop shoes. THAT should get me something.

My grade school pictures are in a plastic tub way up on a high shelf in the laundry room and getting them down is just too much effort today. However, I do have handy this Olan Mills, "plop the kid on the table and don't worry if her shoe soles are filthy and she's not even looking up, go ahead and snap the picture" photo.

So that will have to be my entry into the baby photo contest. This particular beauty was probably taken in 1962.


I think I see where Sophie gets her "deer in the headlight" look on some of her photos (like the one in the post below.)