Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Some disassembly required

Now that I can occupy my hands with something besides scratching myself like a dog with fleas, Jacob and I got started on his new room today. First we had to add another piece of wood to his side rail, since his mattress is just a bit thicker than Carly's and I didn't want to hear a big thud in the night. After we did that, we proceeded to take the room apart - except for the bed.







I am redesigning the room to fit what Jacob wants. The closet that was Carly's art area, will be filled strictly with shelves. The bookcase on the loft will remain. Down below there will be one end with shelves for baskets and the other end will be a built in desk.

He also picked out his paint colors. So it's goodbye cotton candy pink and hello tangy orange.