Monday, October 15, 2007

Pay as you go snack update

It was just about 10 weeks ago that I decided to implement this plan for snacks around our house. Things are running along smoothly and overall, I have been thrilled with the "book work" on my part as opposed to answering questions about snacks all day.


Andi and I both made deals with the kids - if they saved $100.00, we would throw in 20. Each. That's quite a good return on your money. My deal continues for every hundred saved.


They all saved money to spend on vacation and I didn't pass out so much as a quarter of my own money all week long. It was great. They knew when they were broke - they were done. Generally speaking though, Wes and Ryan are both broke by Friday each week. Carly likes to end her week with at least a quarter to her name.


Of all the kids, I thought Jacob would be broke the quickest every week. The boy is like his momma - we both love snacks. I couldn't have been more wrong. He has yet to buy the first snack. Not one. I don't know if he's lost any weight, but his savings has gone from zero to $178.32!