Thursday, August 30, 2007

To answer the age old burning question

If you put more than one coin in a parking meter at a time, does it register them all? I decided to find out today as I had to pay the meter to go into the judicial center to get my first CASA case. The answer: Nope. It will register the largest denomination and for the rest there is a little internal flag that pops up and says, "Thanks, sucker."

I'm currently experiencing one of the grossest feelings in the world - fresh cut hair all down my shirt. I HATE that feeling. Normally, I would come home and go straight to the shower after a haircut, but today I'm going to compound that itchiness with a lot of sawdust. The only good part of this is how wonderful a shower will feel later this afternoon.

I slept for 11 straight hours last night. Usually, I sleep about 6 or 7, so I was REALLY tired. Today, I feel great and am ready to turn my Illinois lumber into a portable kitchen of sorts for Hope Central.

Patricia - I drive to Illinois to buy wood for a project because there is a salvage lumber yard there that has such good deals, it makes the drive worthwhile. You never know what you're going to find, but it's always cheap.

Tonight is Carly's first Girl Scout meeting and then I want to get all my Christmas presents wrapped. I'm pretty much done shopping and I seem to have some nosy children this year who just happen to want to find things that are in the present closet.

If anyone wants to come to my first cooking class, it's September 11 at 5:30 at Hope Central. It's called Appetizing Appetizers and as the flyer promises, "We'll have something good to eat - even if we have to order pizza." You can register by calling Hope Central's Abba Clinic at 897-4910, call me at home or you can sign up at church.