Monday, May 28, 2007

Tell me I'm not the only one who does this

I got up this morning, made my first walk through the house to make sure everyone was OK and things were as they should be before I headed to the shower.

I took an extra long shower because I pulled a muscle in my back the other day and was trying to let the hot water work some magic, in between shampoo and conditioning.

Wes comes into the bathroom to tell me he can' t open the Amish spread for his toast and hands it in the shower to me to open. This, of course, could constitute the emergency that is allowed if you wish to interrupt my shower, because what good is toast without Amish spread? So, I take the jar into the hot water and open the creamy goodness for him.
After I finish my shower, I continue my daily routine. I wrap up in a very large towel, wrap my hair in a hand towel and I pick my way through my bedroom floor where Carly and Jacob camped out last night. I make another trip through the house, making sure nobody is bleeding, or almost bleeding and things are as they should be.

All is fine and dandy, so I go back to my bathroom, finish getting ready for the day, get dressed, take the towel off my head, comb my hair and realize that I still have conditioner in my hair. So tell me - have you ever done that? Surely, I can't be the only one who does it on a fairly regular basis.