Friday, March 09, 2007

That's three times!

I can't begin to tell you how many times I heard that phrase this afternoon. It was a beautiful day and the kids played out all day while I worked on Project Lottafurniture. Making good headway there - Unless you are a visualizer, it just won't look right to you. You have to be able to imagine things sanded and painted from the rough state they are in now. I have both of the coat racks, the book holders, the large folding toy chests done and the library book mobile thingy done and tomorrow I will work on the cubbies. So the above picture is the book station that the company wanted $319.00 for and the unfinished one - seen from both sides sits in my garage waiting to be sanded, trimmed out and painted. It costs about 65 bucks to make, including 6 casters. There will be bumpers on the corner edges to protect those little noggins. I decided against putting that little shelf on the end. Didn't really see a purpose of it, so Tina - if you want it on there, let me know.

But back to my title --
Wes and Ryan spent the afternoon pushing Sophie around the yard in her stroller. Three times, then switch. Three times, then switch. I think all the fresh air wore her out, too. I put her in her high chair to fix her a little snack and by the time it was ready -- she was a goner.
One last thought. Do you see the lush grass across the street in my neighbor's yard? Do you see the brown gross junk that is in my yard? My yard has pretty much looked like that since my husband had to act on his impulse to till up our entire lush green back yard last summer when I was recovering from a root canal and couldn't tackle him before he got to the tiller.


He assures me that it's supposed to look this way. So while everyone else in our neighborhood has ordinary grass that is green year round, we have premium grass that changes colors and is brown seven months of the year.......so far.


I try not to be bitter - but in this case, the grass really is greener on the other side of the fence.