Thursday, December 07, 2006

Some differences between boys & girls

besides the obvious.

This week alone I have gone through my house and found at least 10 signs which said "Army camp" and they all had arrows pointing toward my bedroom. As I follow the signs, I go in timidly, not sure what to expect. I am greeted by the sight of every known weapon from wooden rifles to light sabres leaned against the closet in a very straight row. Girls don't do that.

I have had my kitchen cabinet doors fastened tightly together with rubber bands so that when you try to open one door, the one facing it also opens a bit before they both snap back shut with a loud bang. Girl's don't do that either.

I have been presented with a treasure map carefully drawn on cardboard tube that the Christmas wrap came on. The tube was cut down the side and then after having the top secret map drawn on it, taped back together for safe keeping. Girls don't do that either -- at least not in my house.


What does the lone girl who lives in our house do around here? Well, she set up a store in her bedroom, got all the play money out and was carefully setting up her inventory when she was disrupted by her 3 rowdy brothers -- coming to rob her.