Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Day











We had a wonderful, peaceful day today. As always we started out with a late brunch and we got around to opening our gifts around 11. This year Wesley read us the story of Jesus' birth. I decided to pass out the gifts this year and I think everyone really liked what they recieved. I know I was very excited to receive a set of 36" hand clamps that I asked for.

The kids all got roller blades or roller skates from Pappaw & Nana and we gave them lots of games. I will be showing and reviewing those in a different post this week.


Grandma Carla had sent a tent big enough for them to all camp out in the back yard. It took some convincing to make them understand today was not the day that was going to happen. Andi made a picture of Pappaw with Sophie on his lap, except she put Pappaw's head on Sophie and made it look like Mini-Me. He loved it. I put a picture of it above.

We spent the afternoon and evening playing all of the new games and snacking on way too much food.
The finger football game invented by Terrible Speller's husband was a big hit. I can tell it is going to get a lot of use. You should order one for the fan in your life. Jenn ordered one for her nephew and they also loved it. Sophie was a bit overwhelmed at times with everything, but at other times she seemed to be reaching for the next gift. Next year will certainly be fun to watch as she was already getting the hang of how to unwrap gifts today. None of the kids seemed to notice that there were no gifts from Santa so I guess that's all of that.