Monday, November 06, 2006

Success all around

The popcorn balls we made last week could have killed someone if you had dropped them on their head from a distance of oh, say -- about 18 inches. Not the ones we made yesterday. They are pure goodness. I had to endure a bit of grief from Andi who couldn't seem to grasp the concept that although this was technically a caramel corn recipe, it had to be shaped in order to satisfy my lifelong ambition for a popcorn ball like my Mawmaw used to make. Once I explained myself - she happily put her hands in the hot caramel mixture like a good daughter should.

So I am sitting here eating my wonderful popcorn ball while reflecting on the skate lessons and subsequent session tonight. Either the kids were all faking their falls the other day or they are very fast learners.

By the end of the night, Jacob finished off his evening by skating (although slowly) around the rink 20 times without falling once. Carly looks as though she could be thinking her future is in Roller Derby. The difference in those two was absolutely amazing.

During the skate session after our lessons there was plenty of room to practice. Andi and Big Guy, along with Ben and Jada went skating and ONE other family. They didn't even stay that long. Ben told me it was very nice of me to rent out the whole place for just us. Hey, I'm like that, what can I tell you.

There was much talk of ME taking lessons. I'm not seeing it happening, so they may as well talk of other things.

Off to finish my popcorn ball. Good stuff.

Speaking of good stuff -- here's today's picture of "little miss stick out your tongue."