Friday, November 10, 2006

Church Auction

Our first church auction is this Saturday. You are invited. It starts at 2. Bring money. Lots of it. There are many items to sell. Our ladies ministry is hosting this auction and the money will be used to fund local missions. Andi and I have been busy for the last couple of weeks shopping for great bargains to put together cute baskets of stuff. Two things had to be pried out of her hands, but I have a feeling that she will be buying - or at least bidding on them again.

The other day we put together 12 jars of cookie dough to be auctioned off in batches of 6. Not just chunky chocolate chip, but applesauce cookies, butterfinger cookies, M & M cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, lot of yummy cookies.

The hardest part of this was tying the raffia in a bow. After many failed attempts to make a decent looking bow out of what seems to be a cornhusk, we double knotted it and snipped it off. Now the jars look like Wesley's hair when he was little - standing up all over the place.

I'm going to be baking a cherry cheesecake (the real kind) to be auctioned off, also. There are lots of beautiful handcrafted items, Christmas decorations and fun stuff. So if you are in the neighborhood, come check us out.

Oh - and Andi and I are one team of the auctioneers - so who'll give me 10, give me 10, give me 10?