Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Thank goodness for couch throws

Because I was NOT going to wrap this stuff for Sophie. I hit a spontaneous yard sale after church Sunday -- you know the kind where a friend says, "I have some baby stuff to to get rid of if you're looking for anything." Oh yeah. My kind of sale. You know who has it, how long it's been used and whether or not to believe what they tell you.

Although there was a bit of haggling over the money - as in she didn't want any and I wasn't about to take this stuff for free, we finally managed to come to terms. And this odd arrangement of strange looking objects is what Andi found waiting for her at a surprise Sophie shower.

I'm really excited the thing on the left called a Jumperoo because all of my
kids have loved Johnny Jump ups (or whatever they call them nowadays) and Andi's ceilings were too tall to use one. So this just about made our day. It does the same bouncy thing - just sits on the floor. It is adjustable to go higher too. So we came up with a tub, a brand new Lights and Sounds monitor, a car seat for me, a swing to keep here, a way cool Aquarium bouncy seat and the Jumperoo -- for under 70 bucks. My friend got all of this stuff new and it is still just like new. Now we just need some floor space!