Saturday, April 22, 2006

Nana's Oatmeal Raisin cookies

Last night I was waiting for my decongestant tablets and cough medicine to kick in before I went to bed and started hacking up my lungs and so I hit the Random Blog button....once. There I was treated to a blog which I will no doubt visit again....Blond Girl Rants. At the end of most of her posts, she just asks a simple question - but they are easy ones, fun and don't require much thinking -- which was good as the medicine was kicking in. But in an answer to one of her questions, I said my favorite cookie was Nana's Oatmeal Raisin, which resulted in her asking for the recipe and me furnishing it. I think this is very similar to the recipe my Aunt Marion used to make and hers were always my favorites but Nana adds an extra touch by flattening the dough with a sugar covered glass (like in sugar cookies). These cookies are about 4 inches around. So very, very yummy. So here's the recipe for Blond Girl and for anyone else who wants a lip smacking good cookie.