Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It's not poop

A certain child of mine who I am sure would appreciate not having this particular conversation attributed to him when he is older, just made a mad dash through the kitchen yelling, "clear the way, I've gotta get to the bathroom. NOW"

Oh I wish you could see a movie of the priceless expression on my child's face when he called me to the bathroom. He was all business when he said he needed me to "look at something." As I walked into the bathroom, I asked if he wanted me to look at his poop.

With all serious and his grand motions he says, "well, Mom, it came out of my butt, (pointing to his behind) and he continued waving his arms back and forth with a motion like an umpire does when a runner is safe in baseball, "but it's not poop, it's liquid."


He was so serious - but I couldn't' help laughing at his big eyes and his mortification at his body's betrayal. Thankfully, I didn't even have to look to proclaim him a normal boy with an upset stomach.