Thursday, March 16, 2006

I have not the time, the patience or the eyesight

to embroider a straight line - much less anything like a beautiful quilt. But I do appreciate the time and effort it takes for others to do it. One of those "others" is my step-mom, Nana, pictured below. Nana is only a few years older than me and we have a lot of fun together. I spent the day with my dad and Nana today and I took some pictures of some of her handiwork to share with you guys. The red one will be the center block of a new quilt, while the peacock one is finished. Below is a picture of a crazy quilt Nana made out of scraps of fabric and buttons that my dad bought for her at an auction. This is one of Andi's favorites. If you click the pictures, they will enlarge and you can see the details.










Last of all is a picture of one of the stacks of quilts that Nana has made. There you would find a quilt of just about any kind imaginable.

In other news, I will finish the base for the kitchen table and paint the dining room ceiling tomorrow morning and pick up the table top in the afternoon. I also bought some stuff to start the bedroom redecoration (for lack of a better word), so I am going to be very busy the next few weeks. Lots to buy, lots to DO.

After that, the kids and I are planning a trip to see several friends, meet some new ones and go to Durham to see Coach K Court - home of the Duke Blue Devils. Of course the next few weekends will hopefully be taken up watching Duke win game after game....HOPEFULLY.

Then, it will be time to get the baby's room ready. Maybe by then we will know if it is Sophia or Benjamin coming to join our family.

Lots going on around here - but then there always is.