Thursday, October 13, 2005

Google Images MeMe

Well, this meme is going around blog world and I thought I would play along. Here are the rules: You have to use Google Images to search for:
*The name of the town I grew up in
*The name of the town I live in now
*My name

Then you pick your favorite result and post the picture.
However, upon entering the name of my hometown -Sturgis, KY - I just came up with dozens of pictures of naked women on motorcycles. Not exactly what I want to post upon my family friendly, Christian oriented blog. Sturgis is now unfortunately known as "Little Sturgis" in the biker world. It hosts a motorcycle rally like Sturgis, South Dakota (I think). Wherever it is, it's certainly nothing to be proud of.

The town I live in now:
Well, this poor petition failed and Super Wal-Mart arrived last January. We no longer have any independently owned pharmacies in this town. The local eye doctor who was here for years has closed. The small grocery stores are suffering greatly and one has already closed. Just about every independently owned business has suffered because of the arrival of Super Wal-Mart.






Next came my name and I had lots to choose from but I chose these two:


This one I thought was just funny for some reason so I chose it and then I chose the next one because .......





It's ME - and Bill
on Adoption Day

February 14, 2003
Don't we look like we just became the parents of 3 MORE children! Notice the glazed expressions....no idea why my face looks so red - it's not like that.



There were some others I could do, but the kids are patiently (NOT) waiting to go to the park, so off we go. School is done for the day.