Thursday, September 22, 2005

Reporting in from the jungles of Carmi, IL

Well, we have survived the first two days of sweltering 92 degree "fall" weather. The mosquitoes are thick, the sweat runneth freely and the campfire at night is torture in its' purest form. And of course, dispite the rain FREE forecast that I checked 10 minutes before leaving home, it is now supposed to rain over the next 2 days. I swear to you - without a doubt - I could rent myself out as a rainmaker. Having a drought? Pay me to pull my camper to your yard, set it up and then just get out the umbrellas. Because the rain will come.

No injuries so all is good. AND, I saw the coolest spider today. Unfortunately Wes saw it too, since it was crawling up his leg. But he was man enough to not step on it, so I could catch it and take a picture of it. OK, lots of pictures. I have never seen one like it and will be showing it to you guys in a few days when I get home -- after the rain stops. I have taken lots of pictures of the kids and Jacob has taken lots of pictures so that should be interesting. Well, I just ran to my mom's to check the dress auction and am so happy to see that the dresses sold for $2,225.00. Praising God with my friend Angie!

Back to the forest, where cell phones don't work and humidity is thicker than my waistline.