Sunday, July 31, 2005

First on line but now "IRL" friends

Over the past few years, I have had such fun meeting friends from my Yahoo homeschooling group. First came Chelle, who stopped in and spent the night with her 8 kids on her way home to Wisconsin. I have vacationed the last 2 years with Angie - she's from Texas and we are making plans for a visit later this year. I have traveled to Jamie's and spent the night with her at her home in Illinois. At the same time, I got to meet another member of our group, Adriane, who just had a baby boy this week....her 5th. Last summer, Sara and I spent a few days together with our families in Alabama, when she was visiting her grandparents. Sara lives in California. Two years ago, I traveled to Pennsylvania to spend a week with Linda and her very large (12 kids and counting) family. Next year, Amy is planning on coming here as she ventures from California to a family reunion across the country. I can't wait to meet her. I feel as if I have known her forever already. Same with Gwen. I will be looking forward to meeting her in the next year or so. And before long, I hope to somehow meet up with Lea. Might have to travel to N.C. to do that, but she lives close to Durham, and since that is the home of the Duke Blue Devils - our favorite team, that would be a great trip. But TOMORROW, I will be welcoming Teresa and her kids into our home. They live in Virginia, but are visiting relatives in Ohio, so what's a 250 mile one-way drive to make a side-trip to come to Boon-Vegas? Nothin.

The computer is a wonderful thing. It can bring the world - and a world of friends, right to your doorstep.