Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Pet peeve or Pettiness

Well, I belong to a Yahoo group of Christian homeschoolers. This group was started from another Yahoo group of Christian SAHMs. So I have known these ladies for 7 years or so. NEVER, has anything I've written caused so much "discussion." I won't say controversy, because we are too good of friends for that and it seems that addressing your own envelopes is a commonly accepted and appreciated practice in California. My friends in Texas, Canada and even in the next state over, IL had never heard of such a thing as addressing your own thank you notes at a shower.

My friend,
Gwen, had a couple of great points. She and her mom had both bought a gift together but her mom was not at the shower and even though her name was on the gift card, she wasn't there to address a thank you to herself, and was therefore NOT thanked. The other point she made smacks the nail right on the head. She wrote "let's face it, they didn't have any problem locating my address and inviting me to the shower!

Amen sister!