Friday, April 08, 2005

The Jury is still out on WHAT WAS SHE THINKING

Well, the camp out that was to take place tonight became a camp IN because of rain. So Jacob and his friends, along with Wes and Ryan are sleeping in the living room. Check that - I mean are IN the living room. I don't think sleep has entered their minds at this point. We had a little fire this evening - luckily it was outside. We roasted hot dogs and made Smores'. The boys all enjoyed that. Then they played dodge ball till it got dark. There was way too much "he's cheating" and "it didn't hit me." I had to lay down the ground rule. Any more whining or crying and they stayed home from the playground - or in the case of one particularly annoying crying kid - he would just go home. After making everyone go to the bathroom, we took off hiking down the street to go to the school playground to play flashlight tag. We had been there about 10 minutes when one of the boys (the aforementioned crying child) had to come home to go to the bathroom. Of course it wasn't to pee. So back home I go with him while Andi and Big Guy played with the others. We played till about 9:30, then came home, sorta washed the dirt off of them, put on pjs and had brownies. Then they pretended to brush their teeth while I got all the sleeping bags ready. Now they are laying down watching Scooby Doo movie.

Carly had planned to have a friend over too - sorta a self-defense play. This kid lasted about 1 hour before she was crying for her mother to come get her. So Julie didn't make it long in the sea of rough boys. I had my doubts, since she is a sheltered country girl with one sister.

I could not - dare I say - would not have done this without the help of Andi and Big Guy. They were wonderful this evening. I really should pay them more.