Monday, August 27, 2012

Hmmm, I think he missed me a tidge

I went to Michigan Thursday morning and returned Monday afternoon.  Bill took Carly fishing to Kentucky Lake Thursday morning for the weekend  and we had a friend come stay with the boys.   The trip was wonderful and almost without incident.  Almost.

I did get one phone call as I was sitting down to eat and when I answered, I heard Hope say, "Ummm, Perri, we have a little incident here and I'm not sure what you want me to do."   I asked with who and she said, "Ryan."

My immediate thoughts were not that good but alas, it was just that he had stuck his finger into a hole on a wooden toy of Benjamin's and it was stuck.  Stuck. STUCK.   A little Wesson oil saved the day and Ryan has decided to not do that again. 

Jacob had a note on my desk when I got home.  It was entitled, Things To Do and reads like this....

1. Put stuff up.
2. Put on PJs.
3. Check mail.
4. Watch TV with Jacob.
5. Put clothes on.
6. Go to dinner with Jacob.  His treat.
7. Come home.
8. Put back on PJs.
9. Enjoy TV as Jacob makes a snack.
10. Enjoy snack as you watch a movie with Jacob.
11. Brush teeth.
12. Get in bed.
13. Pray with Jacob.
14. Sleep.
15. Dream about my football star brother.

As I type this blog, he is preparing our favorite snack - -brown sugar cinnamon toast.  We've accomplished everything so far except we did not go out for dinner.

As for the dream about his brother ~~ well, that's a crazy side story.  A few weeks ago, I dreamed several nights in a row that I was the mother of a large, black football player for Ol' Miss named Cordell.   Every blasted night.  

Then one of my friends actually checked the roster and there is such a player.  Didn't make my dreams go away, but I did start praying for Cordell.

It was good to get away with no worries and it was good to come home to such love.  I'm blessed, indeed.