Monday, April 06, 2009

Playing catch up

Muddling along. Ryan and Bill went out on the boat fishing all day Saturday, while I took Wesley and went to the zoo for one of his choices from his Christmas gift. Why a zoo has to have so many steep hills in it, I'll never know. The trams don't even go up those hills - how do they expect elderly people too?

Jacob's birthday is Wednesday and I haven't gotten squat done in the way of buying a gift. I bid on some things he wanted on eBay, but we didn't win, so as of now, we're still looking. We'll be celebrating Sunday after church. Since he gets to choose a birthday meal, our Easter dinner will be meat loaf, mashed potatoes and fried corn. Sounds great to me.

Bill entered a fishing tournament Sunday and ended up with a hundred dollars worth of gift cards to Bass Pro Shop. I'm sure he'll put those to good use.

Molly is enrolled in obedience training. It starts next week and if it works, I'm thinking of enrolling the kids.

Our church is having a kickball tourney in a few weeks. Since I'm in charge of planning these little outings, that means I get to pick the teams. The bribes are starting to trickle in, but as the time gets closer to posting the final teams, I might be in for some treats :)

I actually bothered to check into ordering a monthly prescription from our on-line pharmacy today. For a 90 day supply vs. getting it monthly at the local CVS, we will save a bit over $200.00 per year. On one prescription alone.

I went out Friday night with 5 friends who all loved Cheryl. Friday marked a year since her death. We ate pizza and donuts in her memory, then played games well into the night. She would have loved it.

Tonight is the final game of the NCAA tourney. In honor of my dear friend, Patricia, I'm rooting for Michigan ~~ but then again, did anyone really think I would root for NC? I think not.

Edited to Add after my first comment -- Go Michigan STATE