Monday, August 18, 2008

The Daily News

Today has been a long day. First thing this morning though, my dad did sign all of the necessary papers. After that it was a day of phone calls to doctors, banks, antique stores, insurance companies, creditors and others. I got him into his doctor this afternoon and then brought him home with me.

His doctor ordered and MRI and a CT scan to make sure he isn't having any mini strokes. He also told him he couldn't drive any more. Daddy is taking this all pretty well, but I feel like with each step of this process, it's stripping more and more of his dignity away.

Now that my brother has his POA, I'm sure things will change quickly and I hope that doesn't cause him to spiral even further downward. He was lucid today and we actually had a good day together. Thank you all for your prayers and cards. I really appreciate them.