Friday, February 08, 2008

Different ideas of funny

The kids all wanted to send an email yesterday to their friend, Hannah, who lives in Texas and whom Jacob has declared his intentions in the past of marrying some day.

Carly's part of the letter went like this:

Dear Hannah

Hi I'm fine . How are you?

Carly

But Jacob -- in all of the wisdom that a 10 year old boy possesses changed Carly's part to read like this before hitting send:

Dear Hannah

Hi. I Poop fine . How are you?

Carly

Of course, the spelling challenged boy managed to spell poop correctly. Although I could certainly see the humor in it, I had to put on my stern mom face and voice and ensure that a second letter was sent:

Dear Hannah,

On the letter you got from Carly, I was the one who went back after she was done and wrote the word poop. I thought it would be funny but it was NOT. My mom was very mad about it when she found out. I apologize for doing that and I hope that you and your mom and Reagan were not offended by what I did. If you were, then I am sorry for that, too.

I hope your mom still lets you write to me. I promise to never do something stupid like that again.

Jacob

If this is his idea of courtship, we obviously have bigger issues to work on than spelling.