Friday, November 30, 2007

Catching Up

Although we seem to be in a holding pattern for Keegan, life goes on - it just all ends with "if Andi's not in the hospital." As in, "I will be there to help you move, if Andi's not in the hospital." Or, "I will administer the GED test Saturday if Andi's not in the hospital." Or, "Of course, I'll be watching the Christmas parade Sunday, if Andi's not in the hospital."

You can see the pattern of our life right now. But while we wait, we are getting things done. School goes on much to the dismay of the kids. Basketball practice is in full swing. Sophie keeps us all laughing.

I've built another table and am finishing a coffee table tomorrow -- "if Andi's not in the hospital." I've sold a table, a cabinet and a kitchen island. That's exciting for me. I'm enjoying doing this in my spare time....which is what I call my little venture - Spare Time Tables.

Tonight was the Christmas dinner for the leadership members of our church. After a delicious meal, we played Dirty Santa. I ended up with a nice blanket while Big Guy ended up with a ball cap that has the front of a bass sticking out the front of it and the tail fins sticking out the back. You just never know what you're going to get - which is where the fun comes in.

After everyone opened their gifts (and some tried trading theirs) we played a rousing game of Times Up. That game never ceases to crack me up as I sit and watch people play. If you like to play games with a group of people, I highly recommend this one. It's a hoot.