Thursday, April 05, 2007

On my way to 100

Mandy found my blog - and I have no idea how - but she has been a reader for a long time. She is a 21 year old college student in Canada. Anyway, she tagged me make a 100 Things about me list. Well, this is more daunting than you might imagine. So in order to cheat get it done I am going to use some of my previous lists of things about me to jump start this one. So here is my first installment:

1. I am a Christian. God is good -- all the time.

2. When I was a kid alone in my room, I would wear tights on my head so that I could pretend I had really long hair and I would swish it side to side (think Marsha Brady.)

3. I used to pretend (also when I was a kid) that my bike was a horse and I was the cowgirl. It was also one of those unicycle things you ride on a tightrope in the circus.

4. My daughter, Andi, is my best friend. Growing up, she reminded me of Anne Shirley (of Green Gables). It was scary.

5. She once wrote me 101 reasons why she loved me & it is one of my most prized treasure.

6. I graduated in 1979 from Union County High in Kentucky.

7. I went back to school to get a paralegal degree in 1989.

8. I was divorced and I had a first grader and a kindergartner at the time, lived an hour away from the school, worked all day, went to school at night, so I have little patience for people who whine about not being able to find time for school.

9. I made the President's list every grading period.

10. I think vanilla cokes and root beer floats are gross.

11. I would like to visit "Little House" days - but wouldn't want to live there.

12. I used to want to publish a book some day. I have 3 chapters written. I think it is hilarious. It is based on Andi and her friends and their escapades growing up in our little town. The main character is named Paige Turner. That alone cracks me up, but I am easily amused.

13. I am a Duke Blue Devils basketball fan to the core - always have been - always will be.

14. If I had my wardrobe from jr. high and high school, I could sell every bit of it today as "vintage."

15. My kids want me to sing to them all the time and it will make me sad when the day comes that they no longer want that.

16. My four little kids bring me more joy than one person is entitled to.

17. I did an ariel cartwheel ONCE. Scared me half to death, but I had accomplished my goal of wanting to do one. I never did another.

18. Before I was a Mamaw, people already thought I was a grandma - but they were talking about MY kids.

19. I am going to be a wonderful, hug-giving, apron wearing, book reading, cookie making grandma.

20. My favorite all time movie is Remember the Titans.

21. We always had wonderful Easter egg hunts at my grandmother's when I was a kid. All of the cousins (and there were many) would be there and there were eggs out the wazoo. There was always a golden egg that was a Leggs pantyhose egg. It had money in it and my brother seemed to find it every year.

22. I think my brother had a spy watching the eggs being hidden.

23. I went to my first Tastefully Simple home party the other day and now I anxiously await the arrival of my products in the mail so I can make the most delicious bread ever.

24. I don't like Dairy Queen soft serve ice cream, but I love their Butterfinger Blizzards.

25. Now that I've typed that, I will probably have to have one today.


List one on my sidebar has 10 things in it, so that will be put me up to 35. Only 65 to go.