Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My Birthday

Tomorrow I turn 46. After years of being married, Bill has finally got it right as far as gifts for me go. I pick them out, he buys them. It's a great system for us. Makes for a lot less returned gifts and hurt feelings. This year I picked out a cool overnight quilted suitcase with a matching "trip" purse, a new camera bag, new cookie sheets, a square cheesecake pan and something I was very excited by -- a Swiffer vacuum. Now, I say was, because after the first time the battery ran down, it doesn't seem to charge up with as much power, so it may end up going back to the store. I hope not though because it worked great the first time.

I got all of my presents early because Bill is gone this week to his dad's house to help take care of him. He recently got out of the hospital and started dialysis. So we celebrated a bit early and the kids have been taking good care of me in his absence.

We are planning to go skating tomorrow and in the evening we have a ladie's meeting at church. Today we went to Pappaw and Nana's and had a great day. Nana made me a great chocolate birthday cake and we played some of the cool games the kids got for Christmas. 46 -- practically 50. Good grief. Time sure flies when you're having fun!