Friday, August 25, 2006

Delicious and Pretty are not synonyms


With that in mind I could only look at Big Guy's birthday cake and although not pretty - it certainly is delicious. He requested strawberry cake with cream cheese icing. So he's getting a 3 layer cake complete with thick homemade, strawberry cream cheese icing. I thought about just putting the coloring book picture of it up but then decided that if I had put a picture of this cake on my blog last year then surely I could put a picture of Jacob's birthday cake on it. I've tasted Jacob's cake (the part that was left in the pans) and of course I tasted the icing and it is great...so although it might be ugly, it is yummy. Those are long kabob sticks holding it all together.

Next week marks 7 years since he started hanging out on our comfy couches on a regular basis. Today, my son in law turns 22. He is a new dad enjoying a month's paternity leave to help his wife and spend time with his daughter. He is an excellent daddy, a wonderful husband and a son in law who turned out to be everything I could ever have hoped for as my daughter's husband. Happy Birthday Big Guy. I love you.



PS - Big Guy brought me one of his baby picture so that I can show you how much Sophie looks like him. That's him ....over there on the left. Sophie is on the right.
What do you think? Who does she look like?