Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Have you ever started a project....

where you know if you didn't have a great helper, it would not go well? Well, I have been cooking the dinners on Wednesday night at church for the months of November and December. Only 2 more to go. I have had a GREAT helper. My friend, Susan comes faithfully after she gets off work every Wednesday and helps me finish the meal, serve the meal and then clean up. Without her help, I would have failed at this task I undertook. One of Susans favorite desserts - if not THE favorite is Butterfinger Pie. So that was on the menu for tomorrow night. Sunday, I told her I didn't know for sure how to make it and she informed me - "well, you butter finger it out before Wednesday." So I did. And when I called her a bit ago and told her to come on over because I had a little somethin' for her, well, let's just say it didn't take her long to get across town. So after a cup of coffee, some good yakkin and a couple of pieces of pie for her, she took the rest of her pie home - happy and ready to finish out the month.

We have worked so well together we are undertaking a new project come January. Our church does not have a library - yet. Give us a few months. It will.