Monday, September 26, 2005

Well, I must be doing something right

education wise anyway. We have spent the entire day doing diagnostic testing. My brain is tired. I feel like taking a LONG nap. But the results are in and I am happy to say that at this rate, my kids will do just fine in "the real world" as it is so often referred to when people find out I homeschool.

So without further ado, here are the results - listed as year/month - referring to school grade and month of that grade they tested at.

Ryan - age 6.1 - would have started K last month in "real school"
Science - 1/1
Math - 1/7
English 2/2

Wesley - age 6.6 - would have started 1st grade last month
Science - 2/1
Math - 2/5
Spelling 4/1
English 4/2

Carly - age 6.11 - would have started 1st grade last month
Science - 2/1
Math - 2/5
Spelling - 3/1
English - 3/4

Jacob - age 8.5 - would have started 3rd grade last month
Science - 5/1
Math - 3/5
Spelling 4/1
English 5/2

I have to tell you - I'm pretty darn proud of these guys. Especially Carly and Ryan. They have come so far from where they started. This day spent testing has been a reaffirmation of my decision to homeschool. So on days when I feel like banging my head against the wall because I think they aren't paying attention to me, I will just come back here and read these scores and realize that it must be soaking in somehow.